"Do you have a dream? How high does it go?"
Dream Mountains Foundation raises funds for charities focused on education, opportunity, and compassion.
When Canadian businessman Shawn Dawson set out to climb the highest peak on each of the seven continents he felt that it would be more meaningful if his quest was part of a larger goal. He chose seven charities that reflect the mantra that helped him make the tough climb up to the top of Mount Everest, "one step at a time."
Any climber will tell you that making it up a mountain combines team work, individual effort, and a little luck. We invite you to support our Kilimanjaro 2014 charity trek. Challenge yourself to an experience that will change both your life and those who will benefit from the funds raised.
Dream Mountains supports these Charities:
- Habitat for Humanity – builds houses and schools around the world
- Colon Cancer Canada -- saving lives through increasing public awareness of colorectal cancer and access to screening, funding research initiatives, and providing colorectal cancer patient support
- Ride For Dad -- supporting prostate cancer research and raising public awareness of the disease
- CARE – strengthens capacity for self-help and delivers relief in emergencies
- SOS Children's Villages -- caring for orphaned and abandoned children
- Ottawa School Breakfast Program – nourishing breakfasts for at-risk school children
- Dreams Take Flight -- helping sick children realize their dreams